Thursday, May 14, 2009

Flesh, Failure, & Success

These past few days have been a real struggle, and as a result I fell into depression and anger in very real and tangible ways. I know that a major factor has been physical, mental, and emotional exhaustion, but never-the-less there is no excuse for a believer walking in the flesh.

Yesterday the Lord reached out an took my eyes off of myself just for a few minutes, and it was such a blessing to realize His joy and peace again. Today I am thankful for Him letting me fall in to the flesh - the contrast truly shows a revelation of His life within! He truly DOES cause all things to work together for the good of those who love Him!

"And we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power would be of God, and not us." (See Corinthians 4)

How has He been revealing Himself to you through your failures????

3 comments:

  1. Mike,

    I so appreciate your candidness.

    Here are a few links to some of my thoughts re: what you've shared here, maybe they flow with your thoughts.

    http://unfoldingmystery.blogspot.com/2009/03/beached-whales.html

    http://unfoldingmystery.blogspot.com/2009/05/formed-in-fire-of-his-love.html

    http://andthenlifehappened.blogspot.com/2009/05/coming-from-behind-to-shape-our-lives.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently the Lord revealed something about my struggles and failures, everything I saw was Him and His Love. He can make me stand but if He chooses to let me fall, praise the Lord. Romans 8 is a great chapter. I have nothing to add to these words. God's promise is rooted in Christ and Christ alone and therefore even I fail He will never fail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen brothers! AMEN AMEN AMEN! Thanks for sharing. Good to see you here Maris! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete