Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity (perfection).
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect (mature) man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:

I was just reading this verse on another blog (thanks Rich) and was really struck by what this passage is really saying... Let me try to re-phrase what I see here...

Therefore, let us leave the behind an elementary school approach to Christ (i.e. do this, get that)and press on to something better! He is giving us the awareness of fully trusting God & expressing it in daily life. This comes by the revelation of Who Christ really is and what He is really all about. We continually discover just how much of Jesus we truly have and what a difference He continually makes IN us!

I know I am not getting this out they way I see it, but I will work on it more and post it again. I see something here that i am struggling to convey after 48 hours of travel and at 2 o'clock in the morning on New Years Day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Mike,

    I enjoyed what you are sharing here, thanks.
    A question, would you say that, " This comes by the revelation of Who Christ really is and what He is really all about." it is in a sense much like what Job said, "I had heard of you by the oral accounts handed down to me, but NOW that my eyes have seen you, I recant, take back that which I spoke so foolishly?"

    Prior to this encounter of the most holy kind, Job was sure he was a pretty good guy.
    It is in my opinion that in Seeing/knowing Him, then we begin to understand not only Who's we are, but who we are and what part we play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree. knowing who I am falls short. Knowing Who HE is, that is EVERYTHING. From that stems all other truth.

    ReplyDelete